Digital Marketing encapsulates all techniques which use the internet as a medium of propagation and advertisement. It has many components and dimensions and is a field which has a high relevance and ever growing demand in today’s marketing environment.
Why digital marketing?
1) With a boom in the Information and Technology sector the World Wide Web is becoming a household tool even in developing countries.
2) It is an established fact that these countries also include the most rapidly growing economies in the world like India and China.
3) In order to reach a wide spectrum of stakeholders and potential customers in today’s globalized market, an enterprise must focus on online marketing strategies.
Digital marketing through social media
1) Digital marketing strategies use many different platforms like E-Mails, Apps, Blogs, Websites, Video Advertisements and Social Media to reach out to an online audience. Social Media users have grown not only in number but in variety over the past few years.
2) Using the social media businesses gain the capability to address the needs of all sections of people cutting across age, ethnicity and state of economic well being. Social Media Optimization and dedicated social media ad campaigns are two central components of digital marketing.
Beat the competition
1) Since, customers are spoilt for choices in the contemporary globalized market, in order to defeat competition enterprises need to cater to the specific needs of the customers. This cannot be possible through a one way advertisement campaign, rather it needs an interactive platform where ideas from the users are welcome and are swiftly reverted to.
2) Establishing an online marketing strategy which allows two way communications between the enterprise and stakeholders helps the business to stay ahead of other competitors.
1) Grievance redressal is another arena where digital marketing proves to be extremely beneficial. Not only does it allow efficient redressal mechanisms to be built but also helps to run and maintain them efficiently at much reduced costs.
2) Since, online customer care systems are not labor intensive, hence, they are extremely cost efficient. With the advent of smart phones, people are choosing all required services online, while on the go.
3) Online marketing allows enterprises to create user friendly apps to adapt to this upcoming trend of online economic activity.
1) Websites are the most flexible platforms for all types of enterprises to advertise their services and products to the online potential customers. They allow creation of custom made ad campaigns, polls and surveys. Polls and surveys play a huge role in collecting data regarding economic trends and user preferences.
Blogs are a neutral and subjective digital marketing strategy where the user gets articulate information regarding various competitors and their products in a given sector and he/she has the opportunity to make an informed choice.